Try our Panlasang Pinoy Pancit Palabok
Pancit Palabok Recipe is another Filipino noodle dish with a Chinese origin. It’s called palabok because of the bright colored orange shrimp-flavoured thick sauce covered the thin rice noodles. Then, it has a toppings of chopped green onions, fried garlic, cut wedges of hard-boiled eggs, pieces of chicharon (pork crackling), cubed tokwa (beancurd), cooked prawns and pork, flaked tinapa (smoke fish) and finally finished it with squeeze calamansi juice all over.
image credit : PinoyRecipe.net Pancit Palabok Recipe
Pancit Palabok Ingredients:
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup mongo sprouts
- 1 lb. pancit bihon (rice noodles) or palabok noodles
- 1/4 cup atsuete (annatto) seeds, soaked in
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups shrimp juice
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked pork, cut into strips
- 2 pcs. fried tokwa (beancurd), cubed
- 1/2 cup flaked tinapa (smoked fish)
- 1/2 cup pounded chicharon (pork cracklings)
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup shrimps, boiled and shelled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions, to garnish
- 1 tbsp. fried garlic, to garnish
- kalamansi (Philippine lemon).
How to cook Pancit Palabok :
- Boil water in a pot.
- Place mongo sprouts in a strainer and then add the noodles.
- Drop strainer into boiling water.
- Cook sprouts and noodles until soft.
- Drain well.
- Pour noodles with sprouts in a large platter.
Prepare palabok sauce:
- Strain atsuete water.
- Add to shrimp juice and cook in a saucepan.
- Disperse flour in water and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly.
- Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour over cooked noodles.
- Top with pork and tokwa.
- Sprinkle with tinapa and chicharon.
- Arrange egg slices and shrimps on top.
- Garnish with green onions and fried garlic.
- Serve hot with kalamansi.