Panlasang Pinoy Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging
Panlasang Pinoy Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe – BANANA heart has lots of dietary fibers, proteins and unsaturated fatty acids, it is also rich in vitamin A, C and E and flavonoids. It is also known to alleviate the pain from menstrual cramps, according to common natural remedy practice.
image credits: PinoyRecipe.net Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe
Panlasang Pinoy Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Ingredients:
- 1 medium sized Bangus (Milkfish) about 1/2 kilo, scaled, gutted, cleaned and cut into 6 pcs
- 1 sachet Tamarind Sinigang mix
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium red onion, quartered
- 1 small taro about 100 grams, cut into cubes
- 1 medium radish (labanos), sliced diagonally
- 200 grams fresh banana flowers (bulaklak ng saging), you must remove the stick in the middle
- 1 small eggplant (talong), sliced at 1/4″ thick diagonally
- 2 pcs Siling Haba (finger chilis)
- salt to taste
How to cook Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging:
- In a large pan, put the rice wash and bring to boil.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and taro. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add radish simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the banana flowers, eggplant, chilis and Bangus (milkfish) then add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and with cooked rice and fish sauce, for your dip.